Sunday, January 23, 2011

'It's terrible, I've no other way home'

Kirsty Wilson, 21, from Braunstone, regularly uses the number 18 after 9pm, to get home from her waitressing job.

The service is among those facing the axe.

Kirsty said: "It would make a big difference to me if I lost the service because I often work until 11pm at night.

"It's horrible finishing work that late and walking around so I would have to get a taxi. The costs would really add up."

Rebecca Lee, 20, from Hamilton, uses the number 104 to Braunstone, to get home from late shifts at the Hilton Hotel.

The service is facing being cut after 9pm on weekday evenings, and on Sunday evenings.

Rebecca said: "It's terrible – I've no other way of getting home. That's just another worry to add to my list.

"It would cost me about �8 to get a taxi home, which is far too much to pay regularly, and it's too far to walk.

"I don't know what I'll do if they cut the service."

Anna Porter, from Spinney Hill, regularly uses the 81 on Saturdays.

Under the planned cuts, that service will be axed.

Anna said: "I hope they don't stop this service. I use it at the weekend for shopping.

"Quite a lot of old people depend on this bus and I don't know what they will do without it."

A disabled man, from Glenfield, who did not want to be named said he depended on the number 94.

The service could be stopped on Sundays and after 6pm on weekdays.

He said: "I'm disabled so I rely on this bus to get into town every day to do my shopping.

"I use it to get to work on a Sunday, too."



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503348/s/11e453e7/l/0L0Sthisisleicestershire0O0Cnews0Cs0Eterrible0Eve0Eway0Ehome0Carticle0E31280A0A70Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

Taxonomy Democrats Ann Widdecombe Energy Neal Ardley Julian Assange

No comments:

Post a Comment